Interestingly, I left virtual machine with not working Nautilus running,
and few hours later found that Nautilus started after all. So it's not
like it not working at all, it's just take few minutes/hours to show the
window.

I restored virtual machine backup created yesterday and this was
reproducible.

  Nautilus does not open after updating to 19.04

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  After updating to Ubuntu 19.04 dev branch, nautilus does not open at
  all. Moreover, trying to open nautilus from the terminal does not give
  any error, nor any output at all, and no window opens.

  I don't really know how to report this bug without any terminal
  output.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.32.0-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME