** Changed in: gconf (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gconf in Ubuntu.

  70gconfd_path-on-session doesn't quote DESKTOP_SESSION and fails if it
  contains a space

Status in gconf package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  In /etc/X11/Xsession.d/70gconfd_path-on-session these lines fail if
  there is a space in ${DESKTOP_SESSION}:

    export MANDATORY_PATH=${GCONF_PREFIX}/${DESKTOP_SESSION}.mandatory.path
    export DEFAULTS_PATH=${GCONF_PREFIX}/${DESKTOP_SESSION}.default.path

  The error output to ~/.xsession-errors is:

  /etc/X11/Xsession: 6: export: Session.mandatory.path: bad variable
  name

  I'm not sure why the error is pointing to the wrong file. Adding quotes
around the variables in those lines makes the error go away. This error totally
prevents logging into X. It happens when using LXDM to start Xfce, because LXDM
sets DESKTOP_SESSION to Name from /usr/share/xsessions/xfce.desktop :
  Name=Xfce Session

  These LXDM bugs relate to the problem, but I guess the lack of quoting
  here is the root cause. I'm not sure if setting DESKTOP_SESSION to the
  Name from the .desktop file and having a space in it is wise, but
  everything seems to work after fixing the quoting. Proper quoting is
  used elsewhere.

  https://sourceforge.net/p/lxde/bugs/420/

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxdm/+bug/875991

  Package: gconf2-common 3.2.6-3ubuntu6