Pavel and Ross, can you confirm that you are seeing this with the GNOME
Flashback session, not the default Ubuntu session?

** Also affects: gnome-flashback (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu 18.04's ibus package breaks password fields in Firefox again

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in gnome-flashback package in Ubuntu:

  On an uptodate Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS system I am observing the same symptoms as
in bug
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/1765304

  When I focus a password field in Firefox, it starts focusing and unfocusing
rapidly, making it difficult to type passwords.
  Also, CPU usage goes up with the 4 processes eating most:
  %Cpu(s): 25,3 us, 11,0 sy,  0,0 ni, 63,5 id
  Xorg 60%
  gnome-flashback 21%
  firefox 20%
  ibus-daemon 4%

  Launching Firefox with
  GTK_IM_MODULE=xim firefox
  makes it go away.

  This started several (~7) days ago.

  $ apt list gnome-shell ibus firefox
  Listing... Done
  firefox/bionic-updates,bionic-security,now 68.0+build3-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 amd64
[installed]
  gnome-shell/bionic-updates,now 3.28.4-0ubuntu18.04.1 amd64 [installed]
  ibus/bionic,now 1.5.17-3ubuntu4 amd64 [installed]

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      18.04