We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. This bug was reported some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) reached end-of-life on April 28, 2017.
Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) reached end-of-life on April 25,2019.
Ubuntu 14.10 (utopic) reached end-of-life on July 23, 2015.

Does anyone still see a problem related to the one that was reported
when using a currently supported version of Ubuntu? Please let us know
if you do otherwise this report can be left to expire in approximately
60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Tags added: precise trusty utopic

** Changed in: evince (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Evince often hangs on close

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  When closing an  Evince 3.4.0-0ubuntu1.4 window, it often happens that
  the window remains open but stops responding to events. This is not
  document-dependent, as this behaviour is seen for different documents,
  for at least both PDF and EPS documents, and the same document
  sometimes shows this behaviour, and sometimes doesn't.

  When attaching using strace, it is hanging on
      futex(0x7f57e20bb5c4, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 1, NULL