[Expired for firefox (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox refuses to load, cannot find profile

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Platform: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit)
  Firefox version: 21

  What happens:
  After upgrading to Firefox 21 any attempt to launch the Firefox application
displays an error saying the user's profile cannot be found or is invalid. (The
exact error message is "Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be
missing or inaccessible.") The Firefox browser then closes. Trying to launch
the profile manager or launch Firefox with an alternative profile or in safe
mode all produce the same error, followed by Firefox closing.

  What is expected:
  Firefox should open, or at least display the profile manager to allow users
to fix the problem.

  Work around:
  I tried deleting my profile and, indeed, the entire ~/.mozilla directory.
Made sure Firefox was not running. Removed/purged Firefox and re-installed.
None of these steps corrected the problem. The only work around I've found
which allows Firefox to run is removing Firefox 21 and installer an older
version. Firefox 11.0, for example, is in the repositories. Warning, upgrading
to Firefox 21 after successfully installing and running an older version causes
the problem to occur again.