This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  libreoffice slow on screen scroll and retries the scroll several times

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: libreoffice

  When I have word document opened in libreoffice for more than a day, after
that time the scrolling of the scroll bar takes a minute to finish. Redrawing
the screen seems to fail, in the sense that subsequent sentences are
overlapping (showing only half of one of them)
  I cannot produce a screenshot, because the process consumes more than 50%
cpu. To describe what happens, imagine a scroll of half a page or so: it start
the scroll, hampers on redrawing the bottom lines (when scrolling down), then
finishes after about 10 seconds with >50% cpu activity. When it reaches its
'destination', it restarts from the beginning (top) and show the same behaviour
several times.

  I have this problem with a word .doc file and adding comments to text,
  but I do not know if this is related.

  I have switched off the 'java' option in the preferences (having read about
that solving the problem somewhere), but that doesn't help.

  closing and reopening the document resolves the problem: fast response to
scrolling the mouse.

  Package: libreoffice-core 1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia wl
  Architecture: amd64