** Tags removed: wily
** Tags added: bionic

  Date and time jump around on locked screen when showing seconds (and
  also sometimes display strange shadows behind them)

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

  I am running Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 with GNOME 3.18, and I have noticed
  that when I enable seconds to be displayed in the time in the gnome-
  tweak-tool that the date and time seem to jump around a lot on the
  locked screen. As I couldn't take a screencast of this, I downloaded
  Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 with GNOME 3.18 and put it into a VM, but when
  running it in the VM in addition to the jumping around there were also
  strange shadows being made most of the time behind the text which is
  not something that happens on the host so it's all very strange... I
  have attached a screencast of this.

  Though I also tested this in a Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME 3.18 and
  there are no strange shadows nor jumping there, so it doesn't seem to
  be an issue with the GNOME version, but rather something more linked
  to the Ubuntu GNOME version. I also tested it in Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
  with GNOME 3.19, and it was  fine there as well.