Those log messages do sound related to the freeze since they repeat so
much.

** Summary changed:

- Freeze gnome shell and dekstop
+ gnome-shell freezes and continuously logs JS ERROR: TypeError: null has no
properties in
_addWindowEffect@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:74:13 from
vfunc_show@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:145:9

** Summary changed:

- gnome-shell freezes and continuously logs JS ERROR: TypeError: null has no
properties in
_addWindowEffect@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:74:13 from
vfunc_show@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:145:9
+ gnome-shell freezes and continuously logs "JS ERROR: TypeError: null has no
properties" in _addWindowEffect from vfunc_show (both in closeDialog.js)

  gnome-shell freezes and continuously logs "JS ERROR: TypeError: null
  has no properties" in _addWindowEffect from vfunc_show (both in
  closeDialog.js)

  I was closing the dialog of the "software and updates" tools (I was
  checking the repositories and ppa), but the entire desktop went into
  freeze, no mouse movement, at the click no action, I pressed the keys
  "ctrl + alt + f3 "and I went into a tty session, from there I recorded
  the logs via:" journalctl -f> log ", and I restarted.

  This is one part of the log, but it seems to repeat itself, I have
  attached a file with a longer log.

  -- Logs begin at Tue 2019-02-19 00:29:40 CET. --
  ago 28 13:41:35 emanuc gnome-shell[2747]: JS ERROR: TypeError: null has no
properties

_addWindowEffect@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:74:13

vfunc_show@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:145:9
  ago 28 13:41:35 emanuc gnome-shell[2747]: JS ERROR: TypeError: null has no
properties

_addWindowEffect@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:74:13

vfunc_show@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/closeDialog.js:145:9

  Package: gnome-shell 3.33.91-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME