> Is it really that hard to do 'right-click - properties - Repair Folder'?  Im
> sure that anyone that has the knowledge, or is learning the knowledge, of
> creating 'custom header-based filters' is also very well adapted to learning
> the extra part of the procedure (namely "after creating your custom header
> and the filter, rebuild the desired folder you choose to run the filter on").

Somewhere during the process of creating custom-header, it would be
great to show the message above, i.e.,

 "after creating your custom header
  and the filter, rebuild the desired folder you choose to run the filter on"

then at least, someone like me, won't forget to do this (unless a phone call
comes in
and I get distracted :-)

TB needs better messages in certain situations IMHO.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  After-the-fact Filters on custom header won't match for IMAP messages

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird:
  Confirmed
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  Message filtering appears to be broken on Thunderbird
  2.0.0.4~rc1-0ubuntu1 in Gutsy with IMAP. I created a filter for the
  warthogs list and it would not move the messages from my inbox to the
  folder I had created. It also did not put anything into the filter
  log. I tried using the Thunderbird on Feisty with my laptop and it
  worked fine when using the same settings. Chris Jones mentioned he
  also noticed the same or perhaps a similar issue today.