Indeed. When I thought that I switched to distro-provided package a few
years back, I forgot to update the path in my cron script. Sorry for the
confusion.

Packages, which is subscribed to duplicity in Ubuntu.

  eoan regression: ImportError: librsync.so.1: cannot open shared object
  file: No such file or directory

Status in duplicity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After yesterday's upgrade, librsync2 is 2.0.2-1, it's shared object
  name is

      /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librsync.so.2

  but duplicity's _librsync.so wants librsync.so.1:

      etc/cron.daily/dbackup:
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/local/bin/duplicity", line 47, in <module>
          from duplicity import collections
        File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/collections.py",
line 32, in <module>
          from duplicity import path
        File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line
44, in <module>
          from duplicity import librsync
        File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/librsync.py",
line 30, in <module>
          from . import _librsync
      ImportError: librsync.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

  Does the package need to be rebuilt, perhaps?

  Package: duplicity 0.8.04-2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.3.0-10.11-generic 5.3.0-rc8
  CurrentDesktop: X-Cinnamon