It's not triaged. The ability to click on the volume button and then
scroll the mouse slider, as long as you are moused-over a tiny area is
not an effective solution. This bug should be considered confirmed.
Totem is a broken media player, imho, because of this critical bug.

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Mouse scroll should control VOLUME NOT TIME

Status in Totem:
  New
Status in totem package in Ubuntu:

  I want the mouse scroll to scroll the volume up and down, not the time
  forward and back. This is a non-standard behavior that I consider to
  be a BUG within Totem, and I preferentially use VNC because of this
  BUG.

  Fix it so mouse scroll controls volume instead of time please.