I confirm that replacing LANG with LC_ALL in
/usr/share/im-config/xinputrc.common
fixes the bug.

Packages, which is subscribed to im-config in Ubuntu.

  im-config ignores  input methods other than xim in my current locale

Status in im-config package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I use Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. I can not reach other input methods such as
  ibus, fcitx in my current locale which is LANGUAGE=tr_TR.UTF-8. It's
  not listed in unity-control-center>Language Support>Keyboard Input
  Method System. If I launch unity-control-center from terminal which is
  using different locale "LANGUAGE=en_US.utf8 unity-control-center" then
  there is no problem, all of the installed input methods are in the
  list.

  I also tested "python3
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/LanguageSelector/ImConfig.py"
  it also ignores input methods other than xim and none.
  If I export "LANGUAGE=en_US.utf8" it lists all the other input methods.