It seems the file has changed too much. I have no idea where to put this
code. The flow is too different now.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Can't delete a folder if Trash already contains a folder of the same
  name

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Confirmed
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: mozilla-thunderbird

  1. Create a new folder, eg. "Temp"
  2. Delete it, OK
  3. Create the same folder again
  4. Delete it, OK

  I expect it to be moved to my Trash folder, perhaps with a suffix
  appended (it being the second instance of that folder in the trash).

  Thunderbird popped up an error message. On an imap host:
     The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Mailbox
already exists.
  In the local folders:
     A folder with that name already exists. Please enter a different name (!)

  Workarounds:
  1. Empty the trash
  2. Rename the folder before deletion
  3. Rename the folder already in the trash
  4. Delete (permanently) the folder that is already in the trash

  Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
  thunderbird 2.0.0.12+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.7.10.0