This bug is fixed in 20121224 nightly. Neil, would you please look into
the copy menuitem too?

Ehsan, sorry again for the other day urge you to review this bug in IRC.
I got a reason to worried. Two major sites in China use contenteditable
element in part of there service, (In fact, they rank No.1 & No.2 in
China and No.5 & No.10 all over the world in Alexa), both are popular
things, try imagining as they are Chinese Facebook and Google group,
you'll got the picture.

I heard complaint about unable to copy and scroll after Fx9.0 was
released. I don't want Firefox losing users. I'll would be better have
it fixed not only in nightly, but also beta, even release.

  Launchpad bug pages trigger caret browsing in Firefox and other Gecko
  browsers

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  In Progress
Status in Launchpad itself:
  Fix Released
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “firefox-3.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “firefox-3.5” package in Ubuntu:

  It is possible for a Web page to turn on Firefox's "caret browsing"
  mode just for that page, such that Firefox displays a cursor in the
  Web page text and prevents scrolling from working as normal. This
  should never happen.

  This bug was triggered by bug 107376 in a previous version of
  Launchpad, suggesting that the general cause is JavaScript focusing a
  text field, and then using CSS to hide that field. It seems unrelated
  to the document.designMode DOM property, because the page did not
  become editable.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. In Firefox or Epiphany, open any bug page, such as this one.
  2. Wait for the Subscribers box to finish loading.
  3. Press the Up or Down arrow keys.

  What should happen: The page scrolls.
  What actually happens: A visible caret moves through the page.