Thanks for responding. Yes, the workaround works to comment out load-
module module-switch-on-connect.

Sorry, I thought I looked at all the bugs tagged with eoan, must have
overlooked it.

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Audio output device changes upon unlock/login

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I have a ThinkPad X250 and updated To Ubuntu 19.10 today from 19.04.

  Locking/Suspending and logging in changes my audio output device.
  This did not happen in 19.04.

  ==== How to reproduce ====

  When I lock my session with key combination "Win+L" and then unlock it again,
the sound that's been playing through my headphones/speakers stops playing.
When I check the audio settings, "HDMI/DisplayPort 2 - Built-in audio" is
selected.
  When I select "Headphones - Built-in audio", sound continues playing.

  There is no related log output in dmesg.