> I suspect the chromium and password manager connection might have failed
> due to headless custom made auto-update script that is run from cron.daily

No, the connection to the password-manager-service interface wasn't even
attempted, but that's a separate bug, which is being fixed (bug
#1849160).

> Should we continue solving the timeout problem in this issue?

Yes, let's do that. What do you mean by a 120000ms timeout, does the
chromium window take 2 whole minutes to appear when you launch it?

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] chromium times out connecting document portal with NFS home

Status in snapd:
  New
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:

  I have my /home folder shared via NFS from a local server one floor
  below in my house. The server runs Ubuntu 18.04.

  After starting a snapped version of chromium-browser in my Ubuntu
  19.10 the document portal timeouts like this:

  XXX@koira:~$ chromium-browser
  2019/10/18 18:51:27.986444 cmd_run.go:893: WARNING: cannot start document
portal: Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.portal.Documents': timed
out (service_start_timeout=120000ms)

  After the timeout my chromium cannot seem to remember accounts or
  passwords.