On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 01:50:07PM -0000, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
> No, it's not connected. There have been similar reports, and I think I
> understand what's going on.
> I will SRU a fix to the chromium-browser package. In the meantime, I suggest
> you run:

>     snap connect chromium:password-manager-service

> (please confirm whether this fixes the problem)

Ok, sure enough, running this command and restarting fixes the problem.
Thanks!

(Sorry, I tried to run this command before, but there seemed to be a
whitespace issue in your comment #1 and it gave me an error instead.)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  after deb->snap transition, chromium no longer sees local password
  store

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in chromium-browser source package in Eoan:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  After upgrading to eoan and accepting the deb->snap transition for
  chromium, the passwords saved in my browser are no longer available to
  the app, despite
  ~/snap/chromium/current/.config/chromium/Default/Login Data being
  present and fully-populated. If I go into settings, I see Saved
  Passwords: Saved passwords will appear here.

  The data doesn't appear to be lost, since I have a copy in ~/snap as
  well as in ~/.config/chromium, but somehow they're inaccessible.

  [Test Case]

  Install chromium-browser in disco (19.04), save a few passwords for login
forms.
  Dist-upgrade to eoan (19.10), launch chromium, and verify that the saved
passwords are still there. They can be inspected by browsing to
chrome://settings/passwords.
  As an additional check, the output of `snap connections chromium | grep
password` should look like this:

      password-manager-service  chromium:password-manager-service
  :password-manager-service       manual

  I.e. the interface should be marked as manually connected, even though
  the user hasn't explicitly connected it.

  [Regression Potential]

  Low. The change removes an assumption on upgrade paths that has become
  incorrect. Now the password-manager-service interface will always be
  connected on upgrade, which I think is sensible. Users who wish to
  disconnect the interface (unlikely use case) will also have to remove
  the chromium-browser transitional package, to prevent it from
  reconnecting the interface.