Bug still exists in LibreOffice 3.5 beta2 (Ubuntu Maverick 10.10)

If I open a read-only file in Impress, I cannot delete/insert/modify any
content (logical).
However, if I select a text let's say in Firefox, I can insert it with a middle
click (or simultaneous right and left click) anywhere in the document but not
remove it anymore.
The same thing happens, if I open a read-and-writable file, but set its status
to "uneditable" by clicking on the icon "Edit File" in the toolbar.

This bug appears in Impress and in Draw, but not in Calc (pop-up says
protected cells cannot be modified) and not in Writer (silently fails).

OT: I looove the new handle bars :-D

  [Upstream] LO can paste data into read-only file via third / middle
  click

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Incomplete
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org

  1) lsb_release -rd
  Release:      11.04

  2) apt-cache policy libreoffice-impress
  libreoffice-impress:
    Installed: 1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5
    Candidate: 1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-updates/main i386
Packages
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-proposed/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:3.3.2-1ubuntu4 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/main i386 Packages

  3) What is expected to happen in LibreOffice Impress via the Terminal:

  cd ~/Desktop && wget

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/482548/+attachment/1894449/+files/example4.odp
  && stat example4.odp && chmod -wxXst example4.odp && stat example4.odp
  && loimpress -nologo example4.odp

  copy a hyperlink from a webbrowser then:

  with a 2 button laptop touchpad, click the left and right buttons
  simultaneously into a cell or with a three button external mouse click
  the middle button and nothing pastes because the file is read only.

  -OR-

  cd ~/Desktop && wget

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/482548/+attachment/1894449/+files/example4.odp
  && loimpress -nologo example4.odp

  File -> Properties -> Security tab -> check Open File read-only -> OK
  button -> close file -> re-open and with a 2 button laptop touchpad,
  click the left and right buttons simultaneously into a cell or with a
  three button external mouse click the middle button and nothing pastes
  because the file is read only.

  4) What happens instead is it pastes into the file. It cannot be
  undone via Ctrl+Z. The file cannot be saved over to the original file
  name with the pasted in changes, however, the file can be saved with
  the changes into a file with another name which will not be read-only.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386