Unfortunately - I gave up on it eventually and found a PPA with the
native version.

https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+archive/ubuntu/chromium-dev

loosing all the stored passwords made it unusable in the end. (even
after snap connect chromium:password-manager-service - could still not
get the old passwords)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1849072

Title:
  [snap] no access to softlinked folders in home directory

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  How my home filesystem works
  -> ~/Downloads is soft linked to a large non-ssd drive zfs mounted as 
/zfs/Downloads
  (mainly as I download quite a bit of crap, and it would fill up the ssd 
eventually.)

  now chromium can't see this, either to view files, or save/open files.

  chromium is my primary browser - regular updates etc.. on ubuntu, no
  google magic in it.

  I'm not sure if this is fixable with the snap transition?

  But it is a bit of a gotcha for users.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1849072/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to