*-display
       product: HD Graphics 620
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 02
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pciexpress msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:140 memory:eb000000-ebffffff memory:a0000000-afffffff
ioport:f000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff

The two monitors are 2560x1440, with no scaling. But I do use a 1.25
font scaling factor in gnome-tweaks.

I am using the ubuntu-x-swat ppa, which was an attempt to resolve some previous
graphics issues, but I can try removing this again if you'd like me to test?

libdrm-amdgpu1: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libdrm-common: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libdrm-dev: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libdrm-intel1: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libdrm-nouveau2: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libdrm-radeon1: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libdrm2: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libegl-mesa0: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libegl1-mesa: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libgbm1: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libgl1-mesa-dev: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libgl1-mesa-dri: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libgl1-mesa-glx: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libglapi-mesa: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libglx-mesa0: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libllvm9: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
libxatracker2: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
mesa-common-dev: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
mesa-va-drivers: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu
mesa-vdpau-drivers: ubuntu-x-swat/updates/ubuntu

** Attachment added: "journalctl.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1853094/+attachment/5306546/+files/journalctl.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Screen tearing in xorg gnome session on Latitude 7480 with WD19TB
  Thunderbolt dock

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  I have the WD19TB Thunderbolt dock connected to a Dell Latitude 7480
  laptop with two external displays. The laptop itself is closed
  (internal display is not used).

  In a gnome xorg session, there is severe tearing on parts of the
  screen when dragging windows or scrolling content.

  Under a wayland session there is no screen tearing, but I have
  keyboard key repetition problems which make this mostly unusable day-
  to-day
  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/1849405).

  I can supply short phone videos of tearing occurring on the screens if
  required.

  Package: mutter 3.28.4-0ubuntu18.04.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-36.39~18.04.1-generic 5.0.21
  Uname: Linux 5.0.0-36-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.9
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME