Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
look at all reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many
changes in Ubuntu since that time you reported the bug and your problem
may have been fixed with some of the updates. It would help us a lot if
you could test it on a currently supported Ubuntu version.

When you test it and it is still an issue, kindly upload the updated
logs by running only once:

apport-collect 1748317

and then change the status back to 'New'.

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Artist field doesn't allow copying

Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:

  When an unknown album/artist is encountered, I entered the artist name
  in the top artist box.  I then tried to copy and pasted it into each
  of the tracks and it won't copy the contents from the top artist
  field.