Hi Nikita,

Thanks for your effort to help improve Ubuntu by reporting this issue!

Based on your description, data from 11.10 seems to be left and is
confusing the behavior of 11.04. So to help us understand the nature of
the problem better, and provided that the problem did not get resolved
somehow: What exactly do you mean by "installed after 11.10"? Which
measure(s) did you take that may have caused 11.10 data appear in the
11.04 installation?

(I assume for now that /home has nothing to do with it, since languages
are installed at the system level, and become available for all users.)

** Changed in: language-selector (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  language support: There isn't any need for an installation

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a fresh installation of ubuntu 11.04, installed after 11.10, keeping
/home.
  I was going to install support for Russian language.

  I clicked "install/remove languages" in language support window, then picked
"Russian" in "installed languages" window and clicked "Apply changes" button,
after that "Package is already installed" window appeared with the following
text:
     "There isn't any need for an installation"
     "Details: Package [dbus.String(u'libreoffice-calc')] is already installed"
  And with the only one button: "close".
  I close that window and installation process become canceled, that's all, no
way to install language support.

  1)
  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      11.04

  2)
  apt-cache policy language-selector-gnome
  language-selector-gnome:
    Installed: 0.33
    Candidate: 0.34.2
    Version table:
       0.34.2 0
          500 http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-updates/main i386
Packages
   *** 0.33 0
          500 http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) Install support for Russian language
  4) Installation process canceled because of "This is not the language you are
looking for..."

  Package: language-selector-gnome 0.33
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: i386