I expected the next command to start on the next line underneath the
"^[[A^[[A^[[A" text (actually, it would be nice if the "^[[A^[[A^[[A"
text did not appear at all. However, if that is not feasible, then the
former applies).

What happened instead was terminal displaying characters from the line
while garbling the text as I went though my bash history.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Terminal text ends up overlapping with I attempt to push the up button
  while another command is running, such as ubuntu-bug

Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:

  When I attempted to push the up button on the keyboard while apport
  was running, the text ^[[A^[[A^[[A appeared. When the command was
  done, the new line collided with the "^[[A^[[A^[[A" text.

  pushing the up button made it even worse, as the history being
  displayed ended up as a garbled mess.

  Only after writing a new command with a new line was the issue
  resolved, though the garbled text is still in the terminal until I
  clear the terminal and restart.

  Release:      18.04

  gnome-terminal:
    Installed: 3.28.2-1ubuntu1~18.04.1
    Candidate: 3.28.2-1ubuntu1~18.04.1
    Version table:
   *** 3.28.2-1ubuntu1~18.04.1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.28.1-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages

  I was running "ubuntu-bug plymouth" when this issue occurred at around
  2:54 PM, EDT, on December 6, 2019.

  Package: gnome-terminal 3.28.2-1ubuntu1~18.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-37.40~18.04.1-generic 5.0.21
  Uname: Linux 5.0.0-37-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.9
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Dec  6 14:57:03 2019
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-terminal
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.9
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: gnome-terminal 3.28.2-1ubuntu1~18.04.1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.0.0-37.40~18.04.1-generic 5.0.21
  Tags:  bionic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True