Not a bug in Unity

** Package changed: unity (Ubuntu) => gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

** Also affects: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Keys don't repeat although it is enabled.

Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “gtk+3.0” package in Ubuntu:

  After a default install on a Dell T7500 (probably not relevant), I
  found that key presses did not repeat when a key was held down.  I
  checked the setting in the Keyboard control panel, and it was ENABLED.
  I googled it and found this:

  So it would seem this has been around for a while?

  For me, deselecting the "Key presses repeat when key is held down" and
  then reselecting it fixed the problem immediately.

  Release:      11.10

  2.  Whatever comes by default

  3.  I expected key presses to repeat when a key is held down (by
  default).

  4.  Instead, holding a key caused a single keystroke.

  Package: unity 4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,decor,regex,resize,imgpng,animation,gnomecompat,expo,grid,vpswitch,place,unitymtgrabhandles,compiztoolbox,snap,mousepoll,ezoom,move,session,workarounds,wall,fade,scale,unityshell]