** Attachment added: "dmesg.core"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pm-utils/+bug/1855892/+attachment/5311728/+files/dmesg.core

Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  nvme SSD disk not appearing at S3 resume

Status in pm-utils package in Ubuntu:

  System apparently correctly suspends (in various ways - from gnome
  menu, with pm-suspend on bash, with echo ... > /sys/power/pm_test) and
  resumes bringing up X, gnome, consoles, mouse, keyboard - but not the
  nvme SSD. Since I have the OS on that, no command relying on disk
  files is recognized, and I'm forced to hard power off by long press on
  power button.

  Usually at resume it is possible to switch to consoles (Ctrl-Alt-Fn),
  which display a lot of messages about i/o errors and failing journal
  writes.

  bash may be still alive on either X or consoles, but it will
  understand only internal commands and thus it is not of much help even
  for shutting down the system cleanly.

  Tried to add the following options in various combinations on the
  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX at no avail:

  acpiphp.disable=1
  nvme_core.default_ps_max_latency_us=0
  acpi_osi=! \"acpi_osi=Windows 2015\"

  The only grub helping is

  mem_sleep_default=shallow

  but that is a bit of no brainer as it suspends to S2 preventing S3.
  The same effect have

  echo s2idle > /sys/power/mem_sleep

  and

  echo freeze > /sys/power/state

  As for what is said in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelSuspend,
  I've tried pm-tracing but wasn't able to understand enough information
  from dmesg hash matches. As for debugging, all echos to
  /sys/power/pm_test resume correctly but the last, echo none, which
  causes the problem.

  The issue does not seem graphics related as X wakes up correctly
  (initially; it may crash later), and as the problem is identical even
  with no X (telinit 3).

  Hope all necessary debug information is automatically added, if not
  please ask.

  Package: pm-utils 1.4.1-18
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME-Flashback:GNOME
  Date: Tue Dec 10 16:08:33 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: pm-utils