Sooo...
 I ran Deja Dup from a terminal

The only output was

"Gtk-Message: 16:48:40.229: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
 Gtk-Message: 16:48:40.244: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

until (I'm thinking inevitably)


Failed to read /tmp/duplicity-gjzzxxla-tempdir/mktemp-wkx9qah0-2: (<class 
'OSError'>, OSError('CRC check failed 0x940ae478 != 0xf0f01999',), <traceback 
object at 0x7f5ae9c20488>)

But here's a thing.
There isn't a /tmp/duplicity-gjzzxxla-tempdir

Still, I'm sure that back-up software is a priority and that there'll be
some sort of a fix this year.

You'd have to be an idiot to do a re-install without a working back-up
wouldn't you ?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to duplicity in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/875676

Title:
  Backing up fails with 'IOError CRC check failed'.

Status in Duplicity:
  Confirmed
Status in duplicity package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  For 4 days déjà dup hasn't been able to perform a backup. It fails
  with the error

  Failed to read /tmp/duplicity-lJcUDl-tempdir/mktemp-o4LYSJ-1: (<type
  'exceptions.IOError'>, IOError('CRC check failed 0x8434f7d2L !=
  0x3d503338L',), <traceback object at 0x9fe0554>)

  There is another similar bug #676767 where deleting ~/.cache/deja-dup
  helps. In this case it doesn't.

  I'm quite certain that my backup drive isn't corrupted. (It's a
  raid5.) I'd be happy to provide any additional information needed.

  ----------

  System information:
  Ubuntu 11.10
  deja-dup 20.0-0ubuntu3
  duplicity 0.6.15-0ubuntu2

  Logs:
  deja-dup.log: http://pastie.org/2705320
  deja-dup.gsettings: http://pastie.org/2705322

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/875676/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to