Worth noting that "After this operation, 246 MB disk space will be
freed." in the apt output is also incorrect.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  When upgrading from deb to snap, apt misreports the amount of required
  download (by ~20x)

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  I'm currently working on a metered connection, so I reviewed the
  download size of the updates that the system wanted me to apply:

    $ sudo apt upgrade
    Need to get 8,841 kB of archives.

  This is acceptable to me, so I start the upgrade process.  Partway
  through, the chromium snap starts getting installed, which is _155
  MB_.  I would not have installed this update if I had realised how
  large the required download _actually was_, and I don't trust snapd to
  behave itself if I terminate the install.

  This is a frustrating user experience, and I think it should be
  better.

  Package: chromium-browser (not installed)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Date: Tue Jan 21 15:35:45 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20190210)
  SourcePackage: chromium-browser
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2019-11-15 (67 days ago)