Bug 1853357 shares the same upstream link. Should we use bug 1853357
instead?

** Bug watch added: gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues #909
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues/909

** Also affects: xorg-server via
   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues/909

** Tags added: focal

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Backport GPU hotplug RandR fix

Status in X.Org X server:
  Unknown
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  In order for the first DisplayLink device hotplug after reboot to be
  correctly acted on in GNOME, the following fix should be backported to
  all Xorg-server downstream branches that already apply the patch
  "xf86: autobind GPUs to the screen" (upstream
  078277e4d92f05a90c4715d61b89b9d9d38d68ea):

  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/merge_requests/326

  The related upstream bug report fixed by this is
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues/909

  I originally diagnosed the issue on Ubuntu 19.04 with Xorg based on
  the 1.20.4 upstream release.

  Upstream will not backport this patch into the stable 1.20 branch,
  because that branch does not carry "xf86: autobind GPUs to the
  screen".