** Package changed: ubuntu => sane-backends (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to sane-backends in Ubuntu.

  New Epson V19 scanner problems under Ubuntu 18.04.3

Status in sane-backends package in Ubuntu:

  Bought new Epson V19 scanner, and it works fine on my wife's computer
  running Windows 7, and also on my computer running Windows XP.
  Rebooted my computer into Ubuntu 18.04.3, and installed the driver
  packages recommended by Epson (version 3.61.0 for Ubuntu 18.04, 64
  bit, release date 12-26-2019) using their install.sh file with the
  without-network option (imagescan 3.61.0, imagescan-plugin-gt-s650
  1.0.2, and imagescan-plugin-ocr-engine 1.0.2).  Looking at these
  packages using Aptitude, it appears that they are installed OK with no
  missing dependencies.  Imagescan (on the graphical desktop) appears to
  find the scanner, and when you click to scan, you can hear the scanner
  seeming to run normally, but no image is produced at the end.  Using
  the terminal, lsusb, sane-find-scanner, and scanimage -L all seem to
  work fine for finding the scanner.  But when I try scanimage -T, no
  image file is produced, although you can hear the scanner appearing to
  do a normal scan.  So it appears that all the control functions are
  working fine, but the problem is getting the scan data.  I also tried
  the suggestions in this video
  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q82X7PpRaQ) titled "ubuntu 18.04
  scanner problems how to fix them" concerning bug 1728012.  In the end,
  nothing appears to have changed, so it appears I didn't make it any
  better or any worse.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, including
  referring me to another place if I'm not posting in the right place
  yet.  Thank you.