I'm confirming this issue as there does seem to be something not quite
right with respect to dictionaries which are based on the English
language.

If I go to about:addons | Languages, I see English (GB) and English (CA)
as being installed although I have disabled the Canadian option.

If I spellcheck the text box into which I am currently typing I see the
following variants of English available: Australia, Canada, South
Africa, United Kingdom and United States.

I haven't been able to find an upstream bug that adequately describes
what I'm currently seeing in Firefox 73 and probably have been seeing
for some time.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1865128

Title:
  English US spelling dictionary appears in the languages' menu even
  though it's not installed

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Even though I don't have the English US spelling dictionary (hunspell-
  en-us) installed neither system-wide nor locally in Firefox, it
  appears in the languages' context menu (when you right-click in a text
  field).

  Is it hard-packaged with Firefox? Please remove it if it's packaged
  with Firefox by mistake.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: firefox 73.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.3.0-40.32~18.04.1-generic 5.3.18
  Uname: Linux 5.3.0-40-generic x86_64
  AddonCompatCheckDisabled: False
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.11
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  amr        2204 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   amr        2204 F...m pulseaudio
  BuildID: 20200217142647
  Channel: Unavailable
  CurrentDesktop: communitheme:ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Feb 28 10:27:51 2020
  Extensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  ForcedLayersAccel: False
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  IncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant 
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-11-29 (455 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 
(20180725)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.0.254 dev enp0s31f6 proto dhcp metric 100 
   169.254.0.0/16 dev virbr0 scope link metric 1000 linkdown 
   192.168.0.0/24 dev enp0s31f6 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.114 
metric 100 
   192.168.122.0/24 dev virbr0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.122.1 
linkdown
  Locales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  PrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @ 
/usr/lib/firefox/omni.ja:greprefs.js:740
  PrefSources: prefs.js
  Profiles: Profile0 (Default) - LastVersion=73.0/20200207195153 (Out of date)
  RunningIncompatibleAddons: False
  SourcePackage: firefox
  Themes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  dmi.bios.date: 10/16/2019
  dmi.bios.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.bios.version: R0QET59W (1.36 )
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Not Available
  dmi.board.name: 20LTS01800
  dmi.board.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.board.version: Not Defined
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: LENOVO
  dmi.chassis.version: None
  dmi.modalias: 
dmi:bvnLENOVO:bvrR0QET59W(1.36):bd10/16/2019:svnLENOVO:pn20LTS01800:pvrThinkPadL480:rvnLENOVO:rn20LTS01800:rvrNotDefined:cvnLENOVO:ct10:cvrNone:
  dmi.product.family: ThinkPad L480
  dmi.product.name: 20LTS01800
  dmi.product.sku: LENOVO_MT_20LT_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad L480
  dmi.product.version: ThinkPad L480
  dmi.sys.vendor: LENOVO

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1865128/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to