Image demonstrating the issue

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2020-03-04 21-21-01.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-appindicator/+bug/1866042/+attachment/5333430/+files/Screenshot%20from%202020-03-04%2021-21-01.png

** Summary changed:

- AppIndicator labels are not vertically centered
+ AppIndicator labels are not centered vertically

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.

  AppIndicator labels are not centered vertically

Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:

  After a recent gnome-shell + yaru-theme update, AppIndicator labels
  are now shown aligned with the top of the top bar instead of aligned
  vertically centered as previously https://imgur.com/a/jKVP5w9

  (This is the indicator-sensors snap, which creates an AppIndicator
  with a label as per https://github.com/alexmurray/indicator-
  sensors/blob/master/indicator-sensors/is-indicator.c#L211)

  Whilst this only became evident after the most recent gnome-shell
  upgrade it is not clear to me which package this should be filed
  against, and so am filing it against the appindicator extension
  initially as directed by Laney in #ubuntu-desktop :)

  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help debug.

  Package: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator 32-1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Mar  4 21:26:31 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-01-22 (42 days ago)