Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Problems watching DVD on ubuntu

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  There are multiple problems while watching DVD on ubuntu:

  - Sometimes audio and video goes off sync (fast forwarding backwards usually
remedies the problem)
  - If I pause playing: resuming play starts sometimes (quite rarely) at wrong
location (earlier of the film).
  - If I pause playing: resuming play skips 2 - 10 seconds the movie while DVD
drive is spinning up.
  - Fast forwarding 2 - 5 times result freeze of the totem and eventually it
crashes.

  - With Gnome Shell: Gnome shell status bar (bottom of the screen)
  quite often shows icons at the lower right corner. At the same time
  the whole DVD control menu (while playing dvd at full screen) is
  blocked by the invisible bar.

  Package: totem 3.0.1-0ubuntu7.1
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64