When switching from the user (sudo-enabled) I normally use to another one
(which I rarely use, and is also sudo-enabled), I can not access the desktop.
A window opens blocking the whole screen and asking the user password (the
second user), whatever I type, the window does not close (see screenshot). In
some cases after a random number of times I push "cancel" the window
disappears, but not all the times.

Steps to reproduce the bug:
 - switch from user A to user B
 - enter password in gdm, log-in is successful
 - update window opens and never disappears. I can not access the desktop.

To exit this situation I need to change desktop with CTRL+ALT+F4 and
log-in again with user A, which works. If I switch to user B again I am
stuck again.

Note that after this happens, I updated/upgraded repositories using user
A and the window will be still there when switching to user B.

What you expected to happen:
 - If I enter the user password the window should do something (start updating)
but instead it produces an error (something on the line "This did not work")
and the window remains there
 - If I push "cancel" the window remains there, only in some cases it did
disappear after clicking cancel many times (tens of times)

I'v seen this page describing something similar, but I don't have xRDP
installed

https://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=14051

$ dpkg -l| grep -i xrdp
$

Ubuntu Version: packages updated to March 13 2020.
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        19.10
Codename:       eoan

GNOME: 3.34.2
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics (Whiskey Lake 3x8 GT2)

** Affects: policykit-1 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Can not access desktop after switching user: stuck at "authentication required
to refresh system repositories"