fprintd is now installed by default, so we can close this

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Setting up fingerprint reader is clunky

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  There seems to be no easy way to set up a fingerprint reader (in this
  case, aes2501). According to an older tutorial* there should be an
  option in the User Accounts window to set it up, but something like
  that was not present in my 12.04 installation.

  Anyway, I ended up doing manually:
  1) sudo apt-get install libfprint0 libpam-fprint
  2) pam_fprint_enroll
  3) sudo pam-auth-update

  Not that hard actually, but as the drivers from the fprint project
  seem to work quite well, having a straightforward graphical
  configuration would be the icing on the cake.

  *) https://help.ubuntu.com/11.04/ubuntu-help/session-fingerprint.html

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu0.2
  Date: Fri Jul 13 06:25:15 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
  usr_lib_gnome-control-center:
   activity-log-manager-control-center 0.9.4-0ubuntu3
   deja-dup                            22.0-0ubuntu2
   gnome-bluetooth                     3.2.2-0ubuntu5
   indicator-datetime                  0.3.94-0ubuntu2