Public bug reported:

Hi,

on a freshly installed Ubuntu Budgie 19.10, I've noticed Firefox is kind of
slow at start :
⋅ I can launch Firefox but it’s unresponsive for a moment ( no blinking cursor
anywhere )
⋅ then cursor eventually appears in address bar but blinking slowly and not
usable,
⋅ still, clicking anywhere has no effect, or effect delayed much later,
⋅ a moment later, cursor blinks at its usual pace and Firefox becomes
responsive as expected.
The whole process takes 30 seconds to 1 minute and Firefox runs rather ok later
on with some slow moments though ( sometimes tabs are slow to react, or any
interactions with buttons in FF menu ).

Same behavior in safe-mode ( without any FF addons )

Same without any Budgie applets regarding app-menu ( such as pixel-saver
or global-menu applets ).

see also :
⋅
https://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/firefox-in-19-10-is-kind-of-slow-to-start/3265https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/813775

django@ASGARD:~$ firefox --safe-mode

(firefox:19093): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: 22:08:02.177:
dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion
'gtk_accelerator_valid(key, modifier)' failed

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  FF74.0 in UBudgie 19.10 : LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL
  dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion
  'gtk_accelerator_valid(key, modifier)' failed

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: