Requesting a UI freeze exception for this with the rationale being in
the bug description. The wording on the UI might change before this is
released, but no other changes are required.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu Focal)

** Description changed:

  [Impact]
- Fractional scaling is currently requires enabling an experimental feature in
Mutter to use it. We would like this feature to be easily enabled by users.
+ Fractional scaling is currently requires enabling an experimental feature in
Mutter to use it. We would like this feature to be easily enabled by users. A
lot of modern hardware supports high DPI displays and these are often not
usable without some form of fractional scaling.

  [Test Case]
  1. Open Settings
  2. Select Displays panels

  Expected result:
  Scale can be set to fractional values (e.g. 125%). There is a UI control to
enable fractional scaling (disabled by default).

  Observed result:
  Scale can only be set to multiples of 100% unless the feature was enabled. No
UI control is shown for Fractional scaling.

  [Regressional Potential]
  New UI code risks introducing new bugs. Users enabling fractional scaling may
trigger new bugs.

  Add method to enable fractional scaling

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in gnome-control-center source package in Focal: