I didn't notice to mention this earlier as I had no windows open on the
top monitor at the time of writing, but it is fair to mention that the
top monitor's app overview works flawlessly, only the bottom monitor is
broken. Attached picture for clarification.

** Attachment added: "Top monitor has the app overview working as expected,
bottom is running at tiny scale"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1869571/+attachment/5343512/+files/Kuvakaappaus%20-%202020-03-30%2021-49-43.png

  Vertical dual monitor setup with main monitor on bottom causes
  overview to only use one eigth of screen

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown

  Very recently I have started experiencing a constant bug of the app
  overview / search functions of gnome shell being entirely unusable
  because shell operates at such a tiny scale that barely anything is
  shown on screen.

  I managed to narrow the problem down to having something to do with
  dual monitors, and then played around a bit with the settings. My
  results are that no matter what other configuration I set my two
  monitors in, gnome-shell operates perfectly. That is, if my secondary
  monitor is on the left, right or below my primary one, all is well.

  If, however, the secondary monitor is set to be on top of the primary
  one (As it physically is in my current setup), then the overview and
  app search functionality starts using some very weird kind of vertical
  scaling and becomes unusable. The window previews are so small that
  the (most of the time invisible) X button is bigger than the window
  itself, thus only making me able to close the windows instead of
  switching to them or moving them. Application search only shows half
  of the first row, the other half fading away.

  I am running Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa (development branch) and version
  3.36.0-2ubuntu1 of gnome-shell.

  Here are screenshots of my problem:
  The overview screen barely showing my open windows
  https://i.ibb.co/bJZFdR8/Kuvakaappaus-2020-03-29-14-14-22.png
  The search function only showing the top half of first row of icons
  https://i.ibb.co/g4qV3wP/Kuvakaappaus-2020-03-29-14-14-40.png
  When you mouse-over the windows many times over and over you might get the X
button to show
  https://i.ibb.co/QjRKZr1/Kuvakaappaus-2020-03-29-14-18-07.png
  ---
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Alpha amd64 (20200220)
  Package: gnome-shell 3.36.0-2ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.36.0-2ubuntu1
  Tags: third-party-packages focal
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dialout dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo tty uucp
  _MarkForUpload: True