** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  [Wishlist] Option to remove trash and home folders from desktop

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  Feature proposal: Why do I need to type a command if I want to remove
  the trash and/or the home folder(s) from the desktop? There should be
  an option in the Appearance tab:

  The new interface:
  |    Window colors                               |
  |    _________________________________________   |
  |    [             |            |            ]   |
  |    [             |            |            ]   |
  |    [             |            |            ]   |
  |    [             |            |            ]   |
  |    [    Light    |  Standard  |    Dark    ]   |
  |    Dock                                        |
  |    ________________________________________    |
  |    Auto-hide the dock     [x]                  |
  |    Icon size      [===------]                  |
  |    Position on screen  [Left]                  |
  |    Desktop                                     |
  |    Show trash folder      [x]                  |
  |    Show home folder       [x]                  |

  I did it with this text editor. You should be able to do it faster than me.
  I want the feature now!