So we have a debuggable build with -O0 that doesn't trigger the error.
And one that "suddenly appears at ::erase with bad arguments".
:-/

We might have to come back to just set -O0 on arm64 ...

Packages, which is subscribed to openjade in Ubuntu.

  openjade segfaults on arm (due to gcc optimization)

Status in openjade package in Ubuntu:

  <Myon>        cpaelzer: fun, openjade segfaulting on focal/arm64
  <cpaelzer>    I beg your pardon for my ignorance of the ecosystem, but how is
this related to postgresql-apt
  <cpaelzer>    for doc generation?
  <Myon>        cpaelzer: the postgresql-9.5 and -9.6 builds fail during doc
generation on focal/arm64
  <Myon>        everything else (other archs, other dists) is fine
  <Myon>
https://pgdgbuild.dus.dg-i.net/job/postgresql-9.5-binaries/architecture=arm64,distribution=focal/55/console

  <cpaelzer>    Myon: only on arm64?
  <Myon>        only there, yes

  <Myon>        ./configure && make -C doc/src/sgml all  should reproduce it
  <cpaelzer>    clone and build this branch ?
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/tree/REL9_5_STABLE
  <Myon>        the crash is in /usr/lib/libostyle.so.1 from libostyle1c2
  <cpaelzer>    here it is
  <cpaelzer>    segfault

  <Myon>        I have this now http://paste.debian.net/1136839/
  <cpaelzer>    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/CfzrfWkqzs/

  <cpaelzer>    well I wanted to get -O0 to see more int he debugger
  <cpaelzer>    my build worked as well now
  <Myon>        the -O0 openjade installed doesn't segfault
  <cpaelzer>    oh so like my -O0 then
  <cpaelzer>    so maybe we should just always -O0 openjade then?
  <cpaelzer>    TBH who cares about optimization in that
  <cpaelzer>    But its usage is mostly build time and not runtime
  <Myon>        maybe -O0 on arm64 only
  <cpaelzer>    I'm rebulding -O2 again to recheck if that really is it
  <cpaelzer>    and then -O1 to check the in between
  <cpaelzer>    it might "just" need a rebuild

  <cpaelzer>    -O2 re-build segfault
  <cpaelzer>    -O1 (for completeness) rebuild ... seems to hang?
  <Myon>        probably not really relevant
  <cpaelzer>    agreed, but I want to rebuild -O0 again just to see it builds
and then works
  <cpaelzer>    -O0 on arm64 really seems to be a good choice

  <Myon>        I can try if rebuilding makes it fail on sid
  <Myon>        cpaelzer: recompiling openjade in arm64/sid doesn't make it
segfault
  <Myon>        so it seems this needs a focal-only fix
  <Myon>        cpaelzer: the openjade segfault is also present in pgpool2, so
not just in ancient PostgreSQL :(