Thank you for your bug report, could you try to uninstall blueman and
see if it works better with the default installation software?

Can you connect the device from bluetoothctl when you get the issue from
gnome-control-center?

Could you add your 'journalctl -b 0' log to the bug after getting the
issue?

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Can't connect to paired bluetooth devices via g-c-c; works with
  blueman

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  I have a paired bluetooth device listed as "Disconnected" in the
  Bluetooth section of gnome-control-center. In order to connect to it I
  click on the device name and switch the "Connection" slider to the
  "on" position. The slider moves but immediately bounces back to the
  "off" position, and nothing happens: the connection is not
  established. It never works even if I try several times.

  This happens on an up-to-date Focal system and it's always
  reproducible across reboots and power cycles of the device. I don't
  think it's a problem of the device itself or of the underlying
  bluetooth stack, as connecting/disconnecting to the device works
  perfectly if I use bluetooth-manager instead of gnome-control-center.

  I don't know if this is a regression as I was not using bluetooth
  before installing Focal. FWIW (very little), the device
  connects/disconnects perfectly to Android phones.