Please specify a root cause for this bug. See :tmaity for more
information.

  [upstream regression] Switching to Safe Mode with firefox 67.0.1 locks
  the profile

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Fix Released
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  On bionic, Firefox was upgraded to 67.0.1 this morning (7 June).

  When I launch firefox I've a message like this

  "Using an older version of Firefox can corrupt bookmarks and browsing
  history already saved to an existing profile. To protect your
  information, create a new profile for this installation of Firefox."

  And I've just one option: Create a new profile.

  Of course, this new profile ignore all my bookmarks, identification,
  password, etc.

  I've tried:

  -1 Erase the new profile folder and the installs.ini file, rewrite the
  profiles.ini with the name of my old profile. Same problem.

  -2 run firefox -p into a terminal to choose my old profile. Same
  problem, rejected.

  It's strange the message box is saying "Using an older version of
  Firefox", why old ?