** Also affects: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

    No audio devices appear except "Dummy Output" when I close my laptop lid
while audio is playing and then open it back up.

   No audio devices appear except "Dummy Output" when I close my laptop
  lid while audio is playing and then open it back up.

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux-signed-hwe package in Ubuntu:

  When I closed my laptop lid while sound was playing in Audacity and
  then opened the lid back up, the device woke up from sleep. However,
  my headphones were plugged in at the time, and Ubuntu acted as if the
  audio resumed.

  However, I was not hearing audio. So I went to the Audio section of
  Settings and found there was only one sound device: Dummy Device,
  instead of seeing the speakers built into the laptop and the
  headphones.

  Release: 18.04

  I am forced to reboot my machine as a workaround.

  Package: linux-image-5.3.0-45-generic 5.3.0-45.37~18.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.3.0-45.37~18.04.1-generic 5.3.18
  Uname: Linux 5.3.0-45-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.14
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Apr  5 14:56:42 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20200203.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)