> So you fixed the discord issue and then were able to launch your
libreoffice (original deb version) and it displayed?

No, so far I have been able to get the version installed from the
repository (debs) to work.

I've removed the Discord snap to try and ensure it is not causing a
problem. But this has had no effect.

I've done a complete removal of libreoffice using the method discribed
above. I've attached the journalctl output when running after re-
installing.

LibreOffice still fails to start.

** Attachment added: "journalctl-output2.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1871067/+attachment/5348519/+files/journalctl-output2.txt

  libreoffice doesn't start

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  None of the LibreOffice applications will start. I've tried from the
  application launcher and terminal.

  There is no output from the terminal.

  Sometimes I get a white square in the centre of the screen.

  I can't find any log files in order to get any useful details. Is
  there a way to enable logging?

  Package: libreoffice (not installed)
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Apr  6 10:44:52 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Alpha amd64 (20200320)
  SourcePackage: libreoffice