This bug was fixed in the package nautilus - 1:3.36.1.1-1ubuntu2

---------------
nautilus (1:3.36.1.1-1ubuntu2) focal; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches/gitlab_tracker_fixes.patch:
    - backport upstream candidate fixes to resolve files not being
      listed anymore in the GNOME activity screen (lp: #1871296)

 -- Sebastien Bacher <seb...@ubuntu.com>  Fri, 10 Apr 2020 16:08:10
+0200

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Activities not showing some files in search in overview

Status in Nautilus:
  Unknown
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  I am facing an issue with the new version of Gnome (3.36) in Ubuntu
  20.04.

  The problem is as follows:
  I copied files inside home folder (e.g., documents, images, videos) and
subfolders, then waited for tracker to index, then do a search trough overview
and in Nautilus. The result: Nautilus shows all the files when searched, but
these files are not showed in Activities view (search in Activities).

  I have checked that the respective tracker options are appropriately
  configured. Also, this is happening (at least for me) only with
  Nautilus 3.36. I have not found this behavior with the previous 3.34.x
  version.

  There is a bug issue in Gnome:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/-/issues/1412

  Package: gnome-shell 3.36.0-2ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Apr  7 02:27:25 2020
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Beta amd64 (20200402)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.36.0-2ubuntu1
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  modified.conffile..etc.default.apport: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.default.apport: 2020-04-05T20:36:45.617982