I think the main issue is that the settings option is visible at all. So
let's bundle this into bug 1869635.

   the menu "Dash to Dock Settings" is visible

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  dash to dock settings fail because gnome-shell-extension-prefs is not
  installed, but even installing doesn't fix it.

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 20.04 daily build 20.04.14

  Steps to reproduce:

  Right click in the bottom left corner of the screen (on the nine dots).
  Choose Dash to Dock Settings.

  You will get a warning that gnome-shell-extension-prefs is not installed.
  Install it in a terminal window (apt install gnome-shell-extension-prefs).

  Then right click on the nine dots again, choose Dash to Dock Settings.

  You then get a window titled Ubuntu Dock, with the following error
  message:

  Something's gone wrong.
  We're very sorry, but there's been a problem: the settings for this extension
can't be displayed. We recommend that you report the issue to the extension
authors.

  The following Technical Details are provided:

  ImportError: No JS module 'prefs' found in search path

  Stack trace:
    _init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:204:33

OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
    asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:132:13
    run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:175:20
    main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
    run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:222:19
    start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:5
    @/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

  ------

  However, opening the dash and choosing gnome-shell-extension-prefs
  manually does seem to work, although that window is titled Extensions
  and not Ubuntu Dock.

  Package: gjs 1.64.1-2
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CasperVersion: 1.445
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME