@mario-vukelic I am sorry, I forgot to mention this information in my previous comments.
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga: Keyboard, keyboard backlight and touchpad get disabled HP ENVY x360 15-cp0 and Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Tablet: Keyboard, backlight and touchpad don't get disabled I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work on the latter two devices because of the unsupported tablet mode. Just tested it again and for some reason it worked on the L390 Yoga now? But it only seems to work in native Wayland applications (gedit, Firefox, Shell are working at the moment; Brave, KeePassXC, VirtualBox aren't). Xwayland and Xorg are still problematic. It is really interesting that it does work on the L390 Yoga now, as it definitely didn't work the last couple of months (not even in the Shell overview) and earlier today ... I will definitely watch this more closely now. Since earlier today I rebooted the L390 Yoga a couple of times. Other than that I haven't changed anything, unattended-upgrades has not even installed updates since yesterday (according to the log files). Hopefully this isn't one of the issues that only happens sporadically ... The other two devices are still unchanged. At least we now have the same symptoms (for now?) on all of the properly supported devices. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1866556 Title: On-screen keyboard (OSK) on touch screen does not seem to work at all under Xorg in Focal Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: After upgrading to Focal, the OSK never appears for me under Xorg - Does not appear automatically when selecting text fields - Cannot be summoned on-demand by swiping up from bottom screen border (which worked on Eoan also under Xorg) Under Wayland, both these things continued to work after the Focal upgrade if the laptop is in tablet mode (but not if it is in regular laptop mode - not sure if this changed on upgrade). I could repro this on two "2-in-1" fold-able laptops: Dell XPS 9575 2-in-1 Asus Zenbook flip UX561UD. (Note: There was an older bug #1760399 about OSK not working under Xorg, but this one was fixed in Cosmic) ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04 Package: gnome-shell 3.35.91-1ubuntu2 Uname: Linux 5.5.4-050504-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu18 Architecture: amd64 CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME Date: Sun Mar 8 17:33:36 2020 DisplayManager: gdm3 InstallationDate: Installed on 2018-09-13 (541 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Alpha amd64 (20180912) RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.35.91-1ubuntu1 SourcePackage: gnome-shell UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2020-01-04 (63 days ago) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1866556/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

