Could you also run the following command:
$ apport-collect 1874304
It'll attach logs that'll help us troubleshoot this issue.
Thanks.
** Package changed: grub2 (Ubuntu) => zsys (Ubuntu)
** Changed in: zsys (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to zsys in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1874304
Title:
grub-probe fails with failed to get canonical path of rpool with ZFS
Status in zsys package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
I've been running Ubuntu 20.04 daily builds for about a month. Within
the past several days, something broke with grub where it is no longer
able to probe my ZFS datasets in order to build up its menu. This had
been working fine, aside from the issue #1867007 I previously filed,
so I believe this is a regression. As a result of it, I'm unable to
update my kernel.
I noticed it when trying to perform a dist-upgrade, but it's
reproducible running `grub-update` on its own:
❯ sudo update-grub
[sudo] password for nirvdrum:
/usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: failed to get canonical path of
`rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_bp7ow2'.
❯ zsysctl list
ID ZSys Last Used
-- ---- ---------
rpool/ROOT/ubuntu_bp7ow2 true current
I realize that's not much information to go off of. Please let me know what
other diagnostic information you would need.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zsys/+bug/1874304/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp