I have an external storage that I access by my local network (Datatank Gateway
- Freecom). I had Ubuntu 18.04 version and I could access to this external
device without problems. I could move all files from-to the external device and
open and execute them properly. I upgraded to 20.04 Ubuntu version and it
stopped to access to this device. Then I changed smb.conf file adding the line:
"client min protocol = NT1" and then I got access to the device. I can see the
folders and subfolders, but all icons are folders, even the .xls or .doc or
.pdf are shown as folders. I cannot transfer them from external device to any
of my internal folders in my pc. I can read some of them, like .doc, but I have
to select manually what program I need to execute to read it. .pdf files can
also be read. But .xls or .pgn or .mp3 cannot be read. An error message appear
saying "Content cannot be shown. It is not a folder". In summary I have access
to me external device but I cannot manage normally any of the files inside my
external device, as I did before with ubuntu version 18.04. All icons appear as
folders regardless it is a real folder or a file.
I woudl appreciate to assist to solve thsi problem.
Thank you
Leopoldo Soria

Package: gvfs 1.44.1-1ubuntu1
CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri May  1 19:13:04 2020
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gvfs
Symptom: storage
Title: Documents cannot be opened in desktop UI on storage device

** Affects: gvfs (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug focal
--
Documents cannot be opened in desktop UI on storage device
Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.