This issue has sat incomplete for more than 60 days now. I'm going to
close it as invalid. Please feel free re-open if this is still an issue
for you. Thank you.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  No Sound Intel 5 Series/3400 Series HD Audio

Status in Linux Mint:
  Triaged
Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hello.  I'm running the latest Linux Mint 10 64 bit edition.  I have an Asus
k52f -bbr laptop with Intel HD 5/3400 series audio.
  The problem of no sound was happening out of the box.  I tried installing oss
to see if that would help.  Didn't seem to fix anything.  Both alsa and oss
kept complaining about not being able to find the mixer.  The problem was also
happening with the latest ubuntu version.
  The problem happens always.

  I tried all the things on this page to fix it:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=61072&p=363006&hilit=asus#p363006
  no luck though.

  A little info about the system:
  uname -a
  Linux david-K52F 2.6.35-22-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 20:45:36 UTC
2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  lspci shows:
  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High
Definition Audio (rev 06)