This issue has sat incomplete for more than 60 days now. I'm going to
close it as invalid. Please feel free re-open if this is still an issue
for you. Thank you.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Sound not working on tyan S7025, Alsa detects, and activates
  controller, but no sound

Status in ALSA driver:
  Unknown
Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  It works under ubuntu 10.04, and windows.

  The card is detected by the system, alsa and is activated (Intel
  Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller)

  I've unmuted everything.
  I can't test the digital port (so I don't know if that is sending anything),
since I have nothing to plug into it.

  Here is the information dump.

  http://www.alsa-
  project.org/db/?f=7b6cd11ab958f0116538916043508c9cc05b98ce